Monday 11 October 2010

Extatic

Here's how my weekend went. The gig on Friday was pretty fucked though. I drank 6 beers before the show, which immediately showed after the first song. I'm fucking glad I'm used to alcohol, so I managed to not fuck up for the rest of the show. Dropped a few sticks though, haha. Other than that, it was awesome. A fellow drummer brought his kit, really nice, except I had to stick with his setup.I eventually managed to make it work for me though.
I got home on Saturday and played the shit out of my kit at home. It's been a while. What I immediately noticed: Double Bass went surprisingly smooth. I was expecting to fuck up pretty badly after a 5 days break of practice, but nothing like that. Did some medium-fast runs at 180 bpm and some faster stuff at ~200 bpm. I'll probably stick with taking longer breaks from double bass, because wow, that actually helps a lot. My muscles were really relaxed and I was pretty much flying because of this. Great discovery for me.
Had the second rehearsal with my band on sunday, before I got back to the dorms. Morbid Angel - "Maze of torment" already sounds really good. The other two guys are incredible, even though they lack experience, since they never played in bands, but they learn fans. They're obviously pretty talented, if they get Maze Of Torment down after just a week, haha. Coming up is some Cannibal Corpse, Death and Dismember. Too bad they chose songs I don't know, so I guess I'll have some nice work to do this week, as in listen to these bands all the time, lol. Should be fun. I already started working on some material in Guitar Pro for us, which has potential to be fucking killer, buuuuut, it still has a long way to go.

teedledeetum

No comments:

Post a Comment