Tuesday 9 November 2010

Dem Triggers

Hey folks

Time for another post. Can't see any real progress in my playing lately, since I'm away from the kit all the time. I use my weekends to practice like a madman though. I don't follow any routines atm though to be honest. It's mostly playing along to fast songs and just random Blast Beat/Double Bass Jams. I feel like my blasts have no consistency at all right now. Funnily enough, it's my right arm that is the issue. Isn't that supposed to be my strong arm? Anyways, I'm trying to get some consistency into the 220 bpm area, so I mostly play 1349 and Belphegor songs to practice.
I ordered some triggers from the Music store to make my bass drum a little more audible for band rehearsals. It's awful to be unable to hear your bassdrum over the bass player, so I went ahead and purchased the Roland Kick drum trigger. I'll probably spent most of this weekend finetuning the trigger module.
Rehearsing, despite the sound problems, is going pretty well. Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Death Covers are working pretty well already and we have some of our own material in the pipeline, so I might post a preview in the future.

cheers

me

No comments:

Post a Comment