Friday 24 September 2010

back from rehearsing

well, yeah.
After a few cups of coffee and 4 hours of rehearsing songs I'm finally back home.
For those who don't know (virtually everyone at this point): I'm playing in a few bands and today I was rehearsing with one of them. We're doing covers of Rock/Pop from like the last few decades. AC/DC, CCR, RHCP to name a few bands. I'm only using an E-kit to keep the overall volume down for rehearsing, which makes everything much more relaxed... and listening to each other is a lot easier aswell. The fun part is, that I have to do backing vocals in that band. For anyone who tried to sing and drum at the same time... you know it's a mess to get things going for the first time haha. But I'm learning a lot and it's tons of fun.
Other than that, I've been working on my feet again today and unsurprisingly I'm back where I started yesterday. Balance issues and the strokes are all over the place. I messed around with throne height and spring tension, but it just didn't feel quite right. I figured I had a bad day and just started jamming out a few songs to keep my daily practice routine.
also, thanks for all the followers I already gathered, much appreciated.
If anyone has a drumming related question, I gladly answer them as good as I can in my blog entries from now on. I'm not a professional though, so I have a few limits, heh.

cheers

drummingman

ps: enjoy some Derek Roddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FUkU4nbg4k&feature=related

4 comments:

  1. obligatory question but,

    who was the best drummer of all time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy Rich - great drummer, or greatest drummer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might agree with Pinksock on this one. Greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best thing about drumming is you only need to know the time signature haha

    ReplyDelete